As we talked about before, each spring is engineered for a specific vehicle and load. In many cases there are numerous spring options available for a single truck or SUV. Our leaf springs, coil springs, and torsion bars are all feature packed. You may find other manufactures with similar characteristics, but our products have every available option you can find.
- Draw Tapered & Diamond Cut Leaves:
- Bolt Clamps & Liners:
- The leaf clamps are bolted to allow installation of extra leafs (when needed). The clamps keep the leaves from splaying. Anti squeak nylon liners eliminate metal to metal contact between the leaves and clamps.
- Fully Scragged & Load Tested
- Scragging is the process of subjecting the spring to a load greater than that which will experience in service. This ensures that the spring steel has yielded and adopted permanent curvature and ensures the spring takes a permanent ‘set’ which reduces the risk of sagging.
- Load testing ensures the spring meets the required specification.
- Graphite Coating
- This is to further reduce the friction between the spring leaves & friction pads.
- Military Wrap
- Designed to provide added safety if the main leaf was to break, the wrap would hold the spring together.
- Anti Friction Pads
- Greasable nylon interleaf liners reduce friction at the leaf tips where the load is the greatest.
- Flat Axle Seat Area
- Allows a positive, safe axle mount; reducing spring stress & increasing spring life.
- Shot Peening
- The tension side of all leaves is shot peened (similar to sand blasting, but it changes the metals plasticity) to reduce spring stress. This process can double the life of a spring.
- Two-stage Leaf Pack
- Featured on most rear springs for optimum comfort. When unladen the vehicle will ride on the primary stage, typically of a lighter spring rate. The secondary stage provides additional support when a heavy load is added.
Most Emu Dakar leaf springs have all the listed features, but where design or a physical limitation exists one or more of these features may not be incorporated.
- X5K Micro-Alloyed Spring Steel
- New generation high strength spring steel. This steel is enhanced by additions of silicon, chromium, and vanadium nickel, along with lower carbon than conventional spring steel grades.
- Material difference allows these springs to withstand higher operating stresses with superior resistance to sag and improved toughness and corrosion fatigue properties.
- Springs are formed on precision mandrels
- Scragging before and after shot peening to prevent sagging
- Scragging is the process of subjecting the spring to a load greater than that which will experience in service. This ensures that the spring steel has yielded and adopted permanent curvature and ensures the spring takes a permanent ‘set’ which reduces the risk of sagging
- Shot peened is similar process to sand blasting, but it changes the metals plasticity and thus it reduces spring stress.
- Constant and variable rate coils available for multiple applications
- Coil spring end configurations designed to exact specifications guaranteeing perfect fit to your vehicle. Our springs are not generic.
- Durable powder coat finish
- Premium grade spring steel with a resilient powder coat to protect against corrosion
- Precision drawn, dropped forged ends for optimal strength and integrity
- Pressure rolled splines for precise fitment and increased spline durability
- Hardened and tempered to exact specifications for improved performance
- Preset and hardened to prevent sagging and increase life cycle